- Hair loss is a frustrating situation star from normal hair fall to patches and balding.
- Causes of hair loss are essential to know before treating.
- Causes: nutritional deficiencies, hormonal changes, environmental factors, autoimmune and genetic.
- Telogen effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Patterned baldness (males &females)
- Telogen effluvium: depending upon the causes, we must rule out and treat accordingly.
- Alopecia areata:
- It is an autoimmune disorder. It is a sudden hair loss that starts as small patches, sometimes progresses to large patches.
- It can occur on any part of the body, but most commonly scalp, beard, mustache are affected.
- Treatment: depending on the severity
- Topical steroids, immunomodulatory and oral steroids
- Intralesional corticosteroids
- Topical minoxidil
3. Patterned baldness (males and females)
Depending upon stages of baldness, treatment is advised.
From stage 1-4 PRP along with topical minoxidil and oral medication is advised and for 5, 6stages hair transplant is advised.